Thursday, November 26, 2015

On a late night much like this almost two years ago, I had an idea.

My idea was to bring Owl City to every hootowl I could in a new, different way that kids like yourselves would find appealing. I wanted to bring you the news and updates from our favorite one-man band in the most fun way I could, and I personally feel like I have achieved that goal through my blog and my podcasts.

And now I have an announcement to make. After two beautiful years of serving you everything I could and having fun with all of you, I am deeply sad to say that this will be the last post you will see from me - I will no longer be running the Owl City Fan Club Blog or podcast. As much as I would like to keep doing this with you, this is no longer a commitment that I can make my top priority. I feel like I've all let you down a little bit in my absence these last couple months, and I can no longer go on letting this blog sit with lack of activity.

Honestly, apart from my busy schedule, there are other things holding me back from continuing with this endeavor. In the wake of Adam's latest release and recent controversy, I have started to feel differently about his music and Adam personally. I still love our ghost boy in the basement and the magic he makes. But honestly, it's not the same anymore.

And so, with a heavy heart, I announce my resignation.

However, I have no intention of shutting down neither the blog nor the podcast. Therefore, I am announcing happily that my blog will be given away to a hootowl of my choosing who will be willing to take care of it and give it, and you, the fans, the attention you deserve. If you are interested in running this blog, please send your inquiry to aidanpatko@gmail.com expressing your interest. I want to give it to someone who is willing to keep it active and thriving, while maintaining the loving atmosphere it has always harbored.

Every single viewer of this blog is a friend of mine. Anyone who has ever commented or struck up a conversation with me is, and always will be close to my heart. My contact information will remain on this blog, and I want to hear from you whenever you want to check in, or need a friend to confide in. Hootowls stick together in the darkest of times, and I promise to be there for each and every one of you. I will also be visiting this blog and its new owner whenever I get the chance to see how you all are doing, because this is a family, and I will never truly leave, no matter what happens.

This isn't goodbye, friends. Just a changing of the seasons, a turning of a new leaf. I hope you all continue to frequent this blog and to drop in and say hi whenever you feel the need. Because this blog will be here. And so will I.

And I can't wait to hear from you.



6 comments:

  1. I'm sad to hear that. I wish you all the best for your future and hope that you can still listen to the old music and remember what it all felt like. I will keep following the Blog but it won't be the same without you. Thanks for all you've done.

    - an anon who has been following and commenting and always waiting for a new post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anon. Please continue to follow the blog, I have found a willing author to take it over who will take great care of it.
      If you want to come off anon and talk, please email me at the address above. I'd love to hear from you.
      -Aidan

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I'm really gonna miss you. I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes, and I'm getting misty eyes as you say farewell (I'm sorry; I had to do it). But, if it's what's best for you right now, I respect that and I wish you good luck with all your future endeavours.
    Thank you for getting this blog up and running, and again, I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you kind, beautiful anon. YOU made this blog what it is, not me. Unfortunately, it's just my time to go. But I'll be around a lot, no worries.
      Always yours,
      -Aidan

      Delete
  3. Of course I'm sad that your leaving, but I understand it must have been a hard decision to take. Thank you for this blog, your podcasts and for being here. Than you!
    - Coconut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, Coconut, and I'm sorry to leave. But this isn't goodbye. I'll always be around.
      Yours always,
      -Aidan

      Delete