Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Score Number Two

Well the 2nd Score definitely did not disappoint. A whole fresh, new and quite frankly scary sound from Mr. Young. He built up so much tension in the later songs like 'The Iceberg' and 'Every Man For Himself'. And as always telling a beautiful (and this time tragic) story and version of events. As always Adam has successfully re-told the melancholy story of the Titanic which is only mirrored in the score.

From this second score, I again could imagine all of the panic on the Titanic, similar to the feeling of euphoria and sense of magic when landing on the moon and discovering the wonders of the universe. Adam always seems to hit the nail on the head with where the music takes you, whether it be his scores, Owl City or any of his projects (even The Grizzly).

Though I do have to say, I enjoy the overall mood of Apollo 11. The overwhelming sense of exhilaration compared to the devastating and crushing feeling of knowing the amount of death's (just because someone thought lifeboats looked unattractive and someone wanted to take a shortcut.) 

I hope you all enjoyed the RMS Titanic Score as much as I did, and feel free to give any opinions on the music and any theories about what the next one could be about (or what you want it to be about.)

Anyway toodle pips,







9 comments:

  1. I agree with you in terms of the mood of Apollo 11. I am hoping the next score is Pompeii because I know Adam could nail that one, but I am thinking he will try and capture a happier event than Titanic or Pompeii.

    -Cello

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pompeii would be even more tragic. I think the event might be too similar to follow after the Titanic, but its a good idea for the future.
      -Imogen x

      Delete
  2. I loved the first three songs off of Titanic but Apollo 11 is better as a whole in my opinion, great work though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much!! But yes, Apollo 11, for me, was a better a score. I just preferred the over all feel of it.
      AND IT'S SO NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU. I AM GETTING NOSTALGIA #throwback.
      -Imogen

      Delete
    2. Yea I figured I'd check back in. Since I never have any new Owl City news I haven't been saying much, but I have been checking in here frequently!!!

      Delete
    3. Well when everything goes quiet I can't exactly post a lot. You could follow me on Twitter where we just fangirl about stuff... #productplacement
      -Imogen

      Delete
  3. Adam's lack of much of anything other than the scores is leading me to think something is in the making. The scores obviously take a lot of time but Adam still hasn't been on social media that much. I am still hoping for more Sky Sailing but what are the odds of that anymore. Do you have any ideas/news/updates on the (hopefully soon to be) podcast, I hope I don't sound to pushy.
    -Cello

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sky Sailing, really hope you are right!! I really miss some of the more acoustic laid back style from Adam.
    BTW I did upload a podcast, and then I realised rn, I made it private so lol, it's up and running but I'm like super dumb so... it was released the saturday after the first score. I'm really sorry. Just be prepared for a terrible voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://youtu.be/V9SIJ68zqv0- There's the link.

    ReplyDelete