Friday, June 23, 2017

"Waving Through A Window" From Dear Evan Hansen- Owl City Cover

Good Morning Everyone!

And what a good morning it has been for me. Three artists have released new music, but we're here to talk about Owl City's new Cover Single 'Waving Through A Window' From Dear Evan Hansen. If you haven't checked it out please go and do so, you will be pleasantly surprised!

For Owl City fans around the globe this song has been a triumph. Adam has embraced his earlier sound (reminiscent of Maybe I'm Dreaming and Ocean Eyes) to collaborate with this Broadway Track and it really worked. Lots of people have been commenting on how beautiful the instrumental is on this version of the track- and even some go as far as to say it has been the best track Adam Young has released in recent years.

Adam's heart was really in this project; he said so himself that "When I was approached by the creators of Dear Evan Hansen to reimagine the song "Waving Through A Window,” the lyrics immediately resonated with me. It almost felt like it was written about my own life story. Having now had the opportunity to collaborate on my own version of the song, the experience has become even more surreal."

In fact, reading through the basics of the play that I found floating around the internet, I can see how this track and musical as a whole resounds with Adam, but also me. A story about a boy in High School with social anxiety is one thing Adam picked up on from the innocence of the track- something we haven't seen for a long time.
For me this has been a perfect pairing. As a Drama student and aspiring Screen-writer, I've always been a lover of Musicals, so I when I woke up to this track this morning I was over the moon!

Lights' new single "Giants" also came out today-- go check it out on Spotify.


No comments:

Post a Comment