Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Future Of The Blog

Hey, everyone. Your old pal Aidan here. I have some unfortunate news.

Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, Imogen will no longer be running this blog. This is a difficult situation for us here at the blog to navigate, so I ask that you are respectful of Imogen's privacy at this time and understand that she is unavailable for comment in regards to the blog and her reasons for departing. All I am at liberty to say is that this is the best choice for her, and I respect her decision.

However, as our favorite artist once said, with every mushroom cloud comes a silver lining.

Firstly, just to be clear, this blog is not going anywhere. We have worked too hard as a hootowl community to let this blog die or be removed. It has become somewhat of a home for our little corner of the fandom, and I wouldn't dream of taking that away from anybody. Therefore, as the owner of this lovely little blog, I will be passing the torch to the next rightful owners.

Every once in a while, someone comes around whose dedication to art is unmatched. Their passion for music and sharing it with the world is unbounded. And I am overjoyed that I have found not just one person but TWO people like this and I am so happy to call them both my friends.
And so, I am happy to introduce my good friends Sarah and Cola as the new co-authors of the Owl City Fan Club Blog!

Cola

Sarah


I was introduced to Sarah for the first time when, perfectly enough, she emailed me in regards to the blog when I was still the head author. I was overjoyed to hear from a fan, but unfortunately, we didn't personally connect until last year, when we met almost completely by chance on Twitter. Ever since then, we have been best friends and co-bloggers ever since (be sure to ask her about her Relient K and Switchfoot blogs as well!).

I met Cola through Sarah a while back as well, and as mutual friends do, we conversed and became friends as well. I have complete confidence in these two in their ability to run this blog with professionalism and honesty and have fun while doing it. I'm so excited to hand off my beloved baby of a blog to them, not only because of their blogging talent but because I know them personally and trust that they will love and care for it the way Imogen and myself have done in the past. 

I will still absolutely be checking in and posting here from time to time, although with my brand new college schedule, I'm not sure when that will be. However, I'll be keeping in constant contact with your brand new co-authors to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Thank you for sticking with the Owl City Fan Club Blog. As the proud father of this project, it brings me unmeasurable joy to have seen it grow and change over the years with your love and participation. Your continued support means more to me than you could ever know. Thank you so much. 

Next up, your new authors!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Things have been pretty confusing for all of us, I don't know who knows what or anything at this point.

      Delete