Friday, July 1, 2016

Miracle in the Andes | Adam Young Score


So, we are over half way with the eleven scores this year, and my heart is truly broken. I have loved every single one of these scores so far, and to think we only have a few more to go is making me rather upset. 

So here we are, with the Miracle in Andes score, which is definitely not a disappointment, to say the least. For me, it is indeed a welcome score, because for the past few weeks I've been doing exam upon exam, and let's face it, sometimes music is the only thing that understands, and this score basically summed all that up.

Not only is this score beautiful, with graceful violins, and I'd enjoy it, not even knowing it's context or what story it was supposed to be telling. But the message and the story it portrays is completely empowering, and Adam really did chose a wonderful piece of history to base it around.

For me, it also really fits its purpose and demonstrates it's title almost perfectly.

And now we're half way...

I can't deny I will sorely miss these scores, as much of you will, and I'm sure Adam will miss making them. 2016 has been a pivotal point in Adam's career, as much of you will know we still have no news on a new record label (or at least I can't find any). Many of us have wondered what would happen, once Adam turned 30 years old. Maybe he would settle down, become a family man, and stop making music altogether? However, I doubt this is possible. I doubt Owl City will ever be over. 

And with the Scores ending, could these mean a new OC or Sky Sailing album next year?

I'll leave you to theorise.




3 comments:

  1. OKAY BUT ADAM SAID TO WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY ON IT JUST AFTER I'D FINISHED WATCHING THE DOCUMENTARY I SCREAMED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I should really watch that! But if screaming is involved- maybe it's not for me. I presume you enjoyed the score to have watched the documentary afterwards.
      Good.
      It's not very often you enjoy something.
      -Imogen x

      Delete
  2. Yeah it's a bit heavy at times.
    No, I don't like the scores. I just watched the documentary because it'd been a while since I'd watched one on the Miracle In Andes...I love watching documentaries, as I have a love for history, haha

    Pfft, Imogen, if that's true for you, you've hardly lived

    ReplyDelete