Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Return of Owl City?

Hello fellow wanderers of the earth (and Hootowls...probably),

Surprisingly, I'm not here to talk about scores today, which in itself is a miracle. This year has indeed almost been dead of Owl City news. We know the few odd facts here and there, for example Owl City is no longer signed to Republic Records, and as far as I'm concerned, still isn't signed at all. I have been hunting for a long time to see if any other record label had taken Adam onboard, but so far all my scavenging has been in vain. 

Just wanted to say if you wanted to share some music news about Adam then feel free to do so, in the comments, or if it's something you really want to raise then you can always catch me on my email, my twitter or any of the 'contact me' options there are!

I also wanted to raise this huge subject, that Adam has said, and I quote "Eventually, probably next year or so when the time comes to return to the Owl City sound and the Owl City music", this was taken from the interview Adam tweeted about with ASCAP, who asked him some really interesting questions, so as well as proof that I'm not totally making this up, and for an interesting read, I really suggest reading it! 

So, we know Adam plans on returning to Owl City next year, but there are no promises that an album will come out, as nice as it would be to have an album to celebrate ten years of Owl City (hint- Adam if you're reading). However, it's important to understand things like this can't be rushed. Yes, Adam has new perspective and has probably learned to manage his time more wisely, as he has had to release an album, affectively, every month. However, for a full length Owl City album and even EP, it may be harder for Adam to jump back into the Owl City side of things, and with the extra strain of lyrics and recording them on top, and of course...the record label, my guess is it might be another two or three years before we receive another album from the Owl City project. And the fact, Adam said "probably...or so" means, it might not even be next year.

And of course what happened to the new Sky Sailing album we were promised? Well, none of us are really quite sure. But I'm sure Adam is really knee deep in music we want him to make at the moment. So, really, for material (other than the Scores) I suppose it is just a waiting game.

I would also like to remind you, that the next Score will be out very soon, on the 1st of the month (as always)! And, since this came up as a discussion a few months ago, I would like to remind you Adam's good music making friend, Matthew Thiessen's band, Relient K have a new record coming out next week called 'Air For Free', and some of you who live in the US might have heard the preview on Pandora Radio! So go and check that out if you have time. 

Bye for now!




7 comments:

  1. Well, what does "Owl City is returning in 2017" mean if it's not an album? For me, it's nothing. No album but just the return of Owl City is just Adam declaring himself Owl City, but for there to be a new album/EP would mean that OC is truly returning. I wish he would say that he'll begin to work on OC again next year if that's what he means.

    ...Also, just a warning to some of the Hootowls that may listen to Air For Free: It's an excellent album, but a little darker than Relient K usually gets, particularly the song Runnin', which (SPOILER) mentions illness, blood, and hell. (END SPOILER) In general, the album has a very dark feeling to it, though not all the songs are as dark as Runnin'. Really, there's less of the childish, happy Relient K that sang songs about emotional girls and silly shoes or skittles and combos. This album is more on Matt's personal life, and it's about growing up and looking back on life. Many Relient K fans enjoyed it, but it certainly isn't the cutesy butterflies-rainbows of Owl City. Despite this, I do recommend you check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wHY DONT U STOP BEING SO BITTER ABOUT ME BEING BITTER HM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say why are you shouting, and then realised I was the one who started shouting. WHY DON'T YOU MAKE YOUR AIM BETTER SO THE NEXT TIME YOU STEP ON SOMEONE YOU DON'T MISS!

      Delete
  3. WHY DON'T YOU STAND STILL NEXT TIME SO IT'S EASIER FOR ME, I AM T R Y I N G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS, BUT YOU GOT SCARED OF FIRE!!

      and learn to press the reply button instead of leaving a seperate comment.

      Delete
  4. No I refuse to press reply
    WELL MY FEAR IS REASONABLE

    ReplyDelete